OUR DAILY BREAD JOB OPPORTUNITIES
The mission of Our Daily Bread is to provide stability and hope to guests in need by offering meals, hospitality and services in a safe, respectful environment, located in Over the Rhine. Interested in working with us? Our current job opportunities are below.
Bag Check Coordinator Position Summary:
Under direct supervision of the Director of Operations, the Bag Check Coordinator is responsible for greeting guests and visitors, assisting them with checking their belongings and signing necessary paperwork, and maintaining the rules of Our Daily Bread to ensure a safe and positive experience. The Bag Check Coordinator should be an exemplary representative of Our Daily Bread (ODB) in the public arena, maintain a professional demeanor and establish good relationships with staff, volunteers, donors, and guests.
- 2+ years of experience in a crowd management/security/customer service preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work appropriately and cooperatively with staff, volunteers, and guests.
- Familiarity with volunteer-based organizations and experience working with people from a diversity of socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to stand for entirety of shift.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Act as agency greeter to all guests, visitors, and volunteers.
- Assist guests in signing the log book that tracks the storage of their belongings.
- Assist guests in placing belongings in plastic tote and seeing that they have their appropriate chip to reclaim belongings.
- Assist guests who need to see a Social Worker with filling out the in-take form. Contact social worker via phone when they have a guest waiting to see them.
- Return belongings to guests when they exit the building.
- Maintain cleanliness of bins after each use and ensure that all tokens are returned to the bins. This includes disposing of all guest belongings that were not claimed upon exit.
- Enforce rules of Our Daily Bread with all guests in a manner that is professional, courteous and consistent to ensure a positive experience. This may include asking guests who are violating rules to exit the agency and enforcing limitations on banned guests.
- Assist with carry-out services, especially snack bag assembling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Engage as a full participant in the Our Daily Bread Team.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
7:30AM – 12:30PM, Monday – Friday
To apply, please email your resume to Georgine Getty, Executive Director, at email@example.com.